Monday 7 November 2011

The streets of Fitzroy and Melbourne Cup day













Melbourne Cup outfit: glassons dress, lipstik shoes, fascinator and pearls c/o myer, diva ring.

From the top: not too happy about shopping time, a couple of my favourite shops, old pubs and pretty stationery, decorative buildings and seating, graffiti, vintage bicycles and tin cows. The last three photos are from Melbourne Cup - my outfit (looking a bit grumpy as my fascinator broke and I had to improvise putting it back together with a safety pin and two stud earrings!) the crowd at race time, the winning horses.

I had an absolute ball walking down Brunswick Street, it has the most gorgeous vintage shops and I spent a bomb! So many pretty things to look at and even the old buildings and the vintage bikes that were all over the place. I would love to own one and ride around the city looking all indie chick with a straw hat and cute basket on the front of the handles. Ahh a girl can dream.

Anyway on to Melbourne Cup - the whole point of the holiday...it was awesome! Already planning my trip back for next year. If I am smart though, I will wear flats with my outfit and take my proper camera to take proper shots and people's outfits. Might need to make a note of that because I'm sure I'll convince myself that I will be able to cope in heels, when clearly I won't.

It was very hard going back to work today but looking back over my pics now, I remember the fantastic holiday I just had and it isn't so bad. Last holiday memories will go up tomorrow, I have some nice shots of the Queen Victoria Markets which I highly recommend you visit if you ever go to Melbourne.

Off to bed now as I'm falling asleep at my keyboard. Sleep well xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx