Friday 18 November 2011

Quick and easy veggie pasta


Just a quick post before I go out tonight, here's my dinner I whipped up out of what I could find in the cupboard. Now I'm no Masterchef but I've made a similar one before with a few different ingredients, but we just have to work with what we've got sometimes!

To make my quick and easy veggie pasta you need:
Pasta - any type you like, I used penne.
Olive oil for the pan.
Veggies - frozen or fresh, I usually like to use brocolli, zucchini, snow peas, mushrooms (once again I just used whatever was around).
Tomato - this is important, you must add tomato.
Clove of garlic and half a chilli.
Mozzarella cheese to finish (my favourite part).

Firstly, boil the water for cooking the pasta.


Cut up the garlic, chilli and tomato. I like my garlic and chilli in big chunks.


Add the pasta to the already boiling water with a teaspoon of salt. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the pot.


Heat a frying pan, pour in some olive oil and when hot add the garlic and chilli. Let it simmer for a while until you can smell the yummy ingredients.


Throw in your green veggies, I defrosted mine for 20 seconds in the microwave as they were frozen. You want to keep them crunchy so they only need a couple of minutes.



Add in the tomato, you don't want to cook it just warm it up and mix in with the other veggies.


I always taste my pasta to check it's cooked. For my small amount it only took 10 minutes.


Strain the pasta and put it in a bowl.


Put your veggies on top of the pasta and drench in mozzarella cheese. Yummmmmmm. 

Note: when cooking for yourself - use less than half a chilli. Personally I'm not very good with portion control and I paid the price for the that at dinner time. Mouth is still burning an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx